Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Grace and Mercy

I was reading my niece's blog (https://karaleighkinsey.com/2016/05/18/puppies-reflections/) today, and I came across what is one of the most (unintentionally) profound statements I've ever read.  She was taking pictures of her two dogs, Grace and Mercy.  Grace is the older, about 2.5 years old, and Mercy is just 9 weeks.  In comparing the size of the two, she commented how, soon, Mercy would be twice as big as Grace.  Doesn't that just give you all the hope you'll ever need?  Grace is, simply put, God blessing us even though we don't deserve it.  And, that alone, is wonderful and beautiful and makes my soul dance.  But, Mercy.  Mercy is God not punishing us for our sins, although we deserve it.  Mercy is my Jesus hanging on the Cross, broken and bleeding and bruised, and still asking the Father to forgive us.  Mercy is knowing, despite the thousands of times I've failed in my walk with Christ, that my home is forever in Heaven with Him.  Grace is beautiful and uplifting and makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and I am thankful every day for God's grace.  But, it's His mercy that brings me to my knees, fills my heart with love and my eyes with tears.  His mercy is everything!

1 comment: