Thursday, June 16, 2016

Dinner Date

Last night, my Cowboy and I finally had the chance to read through "Adam"'s CPS file. It was much more heart wrenching than we expected it to be.  I will not share the details, because it isn't my story to tell.  But, I can tell you this: he will never have another day wondering if he is loved. We are his family.  We don't have to wait until we grow to love him.  We love him now.  He is our son, and that's all there is to it!

Tomorrow night we have our first official meeting.  We will be having dinner with Adam and his case worker, Rhonda.  After this first meeting, we will have a day visit, and then one overnight visit before he can be placed with us.  I am so nervous.  Isn't that silly?  I'm nervous about saying the wrong thing.  I'm nervous about whether he'll like us.  I'm nervous about spilling my food in my lap and looking like a moron.  Let's face it, that is an entirely likely scenario!

I'm not going to worry, though, about how tomorrow will go.  Instead, I am going to praise God for this blessing.  I am going to sing and shout and raise my hands, and just be thankful.  I am going to pray for guidance and wisdom in parenting this beautiful, sweet soul.  I am going to pray for his birth family, that God will open their hearts to His love and mercy, and break the sinful strongholds in their lives.  I will pray for the foster families, social workers, and law enforcement officers who have to see the devastation of abuse and neglect on a daily basis, and yet retain their compassion for humanity.  And I am going to pray for Adam, and that he will know his value as a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment