Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Red Tape

I wish that I could tell you that our sweet boy is home now.  I wish that I could share pictures of our family and show you his amazing smile.  I pray that day comes soon.  Unfortunately, "Adam" is still in a foster home.  John and I were licensed for kids 6-12.  That Adam is 14 doesn't seem like a big deal.  But, it is.  We have to get a new license.  Which means, we have to get a new Home Study.  And a thorough background check on my amazing mom, who has agreed to come and stay with us to help us through this transition.  For now, we get every weekend.  It is the highlight of our week, getting to spend just a little more time with him.  Next week is his birthday.  I can't wait to bake his cake and watch him unwrap his gifts and stand surrounded by the love in our home.  We even get to have the Stinkin' Rottens here to celebrate with us!

We are finding it increasingly difficult to remain positive.  We know God is in control, and His perfect plan will come together in His perfect timing.  So, we continue to pray and give Him our worries.  We rest in His promises, and know that everything will be just right in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment