Thursday, April 23, 2015

Siblings

I can't imagine what my life would have been like, if I'd grown up without siblings.  I have 2 big brothers.  Strong, dependable, protective, silly brothers.  I can remember, when I was really little, thinking those two boys were the coolest boys on Earth!  They played sports and worked on cars and took karate classes.  They were my big brothers, and they could do no wrong!  I also have 3 big sisters.  Wow, the things I learned from them!  I learned about hair and makeup and fashion, sure.  But, I also learned about loyalty.  Trust.  Forgiveness.  My sisters have always been my best friends.  My voices of reason.  The shoulders I cried on.  My cheering section.  And, sometimes, the partners in crime that kept my life so beautiful and interesting!

I know there are a lot of people who don't have that kind of relationship with their siblings.  I get it, I guess.  Your circumstances and experiences shape your relationships.  I am so unspeakably thankful that I have such a close relationship with my siblings.  I know that I have learned real life lessons and coping skills because of them.  My Cowboy and I work to foster that kind of closeness in our kids.  And, when Squishy joins our family, I pray he feels it, too.









No comments:

Post a Comment